Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Idocracy is here!!! Run for the hills!!!

Is it just me or is Idocracy becoming a reality? Seriously... Florida's Publix is selling obviously cheaper garbage bags at the same cost with the same specs, Verizon doesn't know the difference between $.002 and .002¢, and Vonage thinks that they can just change their term of service imposing customers at will with no recourse? I have no recourse but to face palm and wonder... How did this happen?

Florida's Publix is selling a thinned out version of their trash bags with the same UPC code of lesser quality. Here's the proof:


I'm not done yet...



And Vonage? From their their Terms of service...

6. LENGTH OF SERVICE.
6.1 Service Term.
We provide our service to you indefinitely. Your service term refers to the period of time for which we will bill you periodically in advance (for example, one month or one year). The service term is the term that you selected from the options available when you signed up for our service. Your first service term begins on the subscription date, which is the date you first ordered service or the date we successfully process your payment, whichever is later. It is not the day you receive the equipment you ordered or the first time you use the service. Your service will continue until canceled by you or by us as provided for herein. Please note that the obligations of this agreement begin on your subscription date and are indefinite.


You read that right they can charge you indefinitely. I closed my account with them last night under the premise that my service would stop until the end of the monthly contract (which they do NOT tell you or publish and frequently change.) and was subsequently charged $42.00. My phone is dead. Thankfully, I purchased an alternative solution. Its no wonder their stock on NASDAQ is about to be delisted.


Caveat emptor... Buyer beware.

I swear, if they start watering plants with Gatorade, I'm leaving this country.

No comments: